Title: Underwriting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: David Guest
Keystone Funding, Inc., an Independent Mortgage Banker (IMB) recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies on INC 5000 in 2018, 2019 & 2020 making family dreams of homeownership a reality throughout the Mid-Atlantic, south & South East Regions of the United States. Founded in 2006, Keystone is a privately owned mortgage banker operating three separate divisions (direct to consumer, retail and wholesale) always delivering on our core competencies of trust, service & low rates. Keystone’s corporate office is located in Dover, Delaware with offices in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina & Florida. Keystone is always looking for great people who want to work hard, be recognized and have continual advancement opportunities in building their career.
The Underwriting Manager is responsible for overseeing the underwriters for all three channels (Wholesale, Consumer Direct and Retail). Manages the underwriters and provides guidance in production, quality and performance management in partnership with senior leaders based on direction from the SVP of Operations. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
• Manages underwriting turn times.
• Oversees performance management for the department.
• Ensures that underwriting decisions are sound and within the scope of good business practices and company policies.
• Works with Operations and Sales partners in the development and support of the area and/or division.
• Works with the QC Department reviewing and reconciling Deficiency Review(s) from investors.
• Handles escalated issues for the division or area of the Underwriting Department, prior to upper management’s involvement.
• Evaluates and examines escalated transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Escalates issues to SVP of Operations when appropriate.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• High School Degree or equivalent required and a minimum of eight (8) + years of FHA, USDA, Bond, VA, and Conventional underwriting experience in the mortgage lending industry.
• Minimum of five (5) + years of leadership experience required.
• Valid and current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) and SAR Certifications.
• Proficiency in running and interpreting automated underwriting system (AUS) recommendations required.
• Proficiency in all agency guidelines: USDA, FHA, FNMA, FHLMC and VA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.