Title: Senior Underwriter
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: David Guest
Keystone Funding is a non-depository financial institution whose vision is to disrupt the mortgage lending industry by leveraging technology, deploying innovative strategies, and maintaining a commitment to our culture and core values. We believe in making a difference in the communities we serve. We value providing great jobs to great people, and we strive to positively impact our customers’ lives. Our customers include our employees, clients, and families who trust us to provide financing for their homes.
The Senior Underwriter is responsible for providing underwriting decisions that meet the credit and risk policies of KFI. Provide exceptional customer service to the KFI Team Members and Broker Clients who interact with the underwriting team.
• Be capable of underwriting a minimum of 3-4 new loans per day, while clearing conditions of loans resubmitted into underwriting.
• Review conditions promptly to remain in compliance with posted turn times.
• Analyze all areas of the mortgage loan application, including credit, income, assets, collateral, and compliance documents, to ensure the loan meets company guidelines.
• Review income documentation and calculate income per investor, agency, and company guidelines.
• Review assets to determine reserves and cash to close per investor and company guidelines.
• Ensure accuracy DU/LP, Loan Transmittal, and 1003 at underwriting approval and/or updated approvals due to subsequent changes in loan terms.
• Evaluate appraisals and preliminary title reports to determine the property meets company and investor requirements. Utilize AVM to ensure the valuation is acceptable.
• Evaluate Fraud report findings and condition the loan accordingly.
• Respond to QC findings, Audits, and Investor Suspense issues as needed.
• Provide feedback to management on suggested policy changes and/or enhancements.
• Maintains a high level of customer service with quick response times and accurate information (both internally and externally).
• Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting other team members and management as needed.
• A proven track record in the mortgage underwriting environment
• A comprehensive understanding of underwriting processes and procedures and mortgage industry standards
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
• Solid commitment to customer service with excellent client relations skills
• Five years’ experience in mortgage underwriting
• DE and SAR/LAPP preferred
• Mortgage Loan Origination Systems (LOS) – PC Lender
• FHA Connection/VA Portal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.