Title: Quality Control Analyst
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Robert Pellegrini
Keystone Funding, Inc., is a non-depository financial institution whose vision is to disrupt the mortgage lending industry by leveraging our technology platform, deploying innovative strategies, and maintaining our commitment to culture and core values. Keystone Funding has been awarded the fastest growing company three years in a row by Inc. 5000.
We believe in making a difference in the communities we serve, we value providing good jobs to great people, and we strive to impact our customers’ lives positively. Our customers include our employees, clients, and families who trust us to provide financing for their homes.
The Quality Control Analyst (QCA) is primarily responsible for executing our quality control plan. QCA ensures that an independent audit of the pre-funding and post-closing process is conducted and, if appropriate, establishes an action plan for remediation or policy and procedure changes identified from such an audit. Performs review of the vendors’ work to ensure that our requirements and guidelines are applied consistently and that the review results accurately reflect the quality of our loan originations.
- Monitors third-party quality control reviews, performs a detailed analysis of the results, and produce comprehensive reports outlining the scope, sample size, audit findings, and recommendations for corrective action based on internal guidelines. Meets with Line of Business leaders to develop and implement corrective action plans and provides training as necessary.
- Evaluates data from Post Closing, Tolerance Cures, and Post Closing Cures. Prepares monthly reports for executive team summarizing findings.
- Stays well-informed of regulatory and legal developments governing lending operations, products, and services. Collaborates with Line of Business to develop implementation plans for regulatory changes and any necessary enhancements or resolutions in establishing policies and procedures.
- Prepares for and assists in facilitating compliance examinations and audits. Serves as escalation/approval authority to Line of Business with responding to compliance-related audit findings.
- Reviews and approves incoming Wholesale Broker application packages. Maintains database of wholesale relationships, including risk ratings and annual reviews. Completes monthly scorecards for each broker relationship.
- Assists in other quality control initiatives, including licensing, vendor management, and annual HMDA filing.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of federal laws and regulations governing residential mortgages, including, but not limited to ECOA (Reg B), TILA (Reg Z), RESPA (Reg X), HMDA
- General knowledge of the mortgage manufacturing process, including application intake, processing, underwriting, and post-closing duties
- Knowledge of appraisal review process, including review of the appropriateness of comparables and other subjective measures
- Ability to be objective about controls and processes
- Strong ability and desire to perform a majority of work functions independently (generally less than 5 hours per week collaboration)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Continuing education as necessary
- 3-5 years of experience in a residential loan manufacturing environment
- Underwriting experience is strongly preferred
- Remote work, but the employee must be based in the United States and work on the Eastern or Central time zone
Keystone Funding, Inc. is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Keystone Funding, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Keystone’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Keystone provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Keystone’s workforce.
Keystone Funding, Inc. employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Keystone’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.