Title: Non-QM Underwriter
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: David Guest
Keystone Funding, Inc., an Independent Mortgage Banker (IMB) recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies on INC 5000 in 2018, 2019 & 2020 making family dreams of homeownership a reality throughout the Mid-Atlantic, south & South East Regions of the United States. Founded in 2006, Keystone is a privately owned mortgage banker operating three separate divisions (direct to consumer, retail and wholesale) always delivering on our core competencies of trust, service & low rates. Keystone’s corporate office is located in Dover, Delaware with offices in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina & Florida. Keystone is always looking for great people who want to work hard, be recognized and have continual advancement opportunities in building their career.
The Non-QM Underwriter will be responsible for:
• Manually underwriting Non-Agency/Non-QM wholesale broker loans in a timely manner to ensure that the loans meet all product and property guidelines, as well as meeting all established loan policies and regulatory requirements.
• Providing scenario underwriting for wholesale brokers inquiring through the scenario desk, including but not limited to, calculating income derived from assets, and assisting wholesale brokers in structuring non-QM loans.
• Analyzing borrower’s credit file, collateral, and capacity to ensure credit- worthiness
• Being the subject matter expert (SME) for structuring Non-QM loans
• Clearing loan conditions in a timely manner and confirming data integrity on all submissions
• Identifying and escalating to management any suspected or actual misrepresentation or fraud perpetrated by prospective borrowers or third-party originators.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• A proven history of success in similar roles
• Working knowledge of Non-Agency/Non-QM underwriting guidelines demonstrated through a minimum of two years underwriting experience on Non-Agency/Non-QM products
• Experience working within a wholesale channel
• FHA and VA underwriting experience is desirable
• Close attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to multitask in a high-volume environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understands the Business
• Plans and Manages Work
• Adapts to Change
• Executes Effectively
• Communicates Clearly
Keystone Funding, Inc. is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Keystone Funding, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Keystone’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Keystone provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Keystone’s workforce.
Keystone Funding, Inc. employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Keystone’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.